|Congestion Mitigation with V2X / Sag Congestion|
|Japan||Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism
National Institute for Land and Infrastructure Management (NILIM)
|From 2010 to N/A||Active|
|Hideyuki Kanoshima, NILIM/MLIT|
- Integrates ACC/CACC and V2X (5.8 GHz DSRC) to mitigate congestion at sags on expressways.
- Encourages drivers to use the cruising lane, provides ACC-setting information with V2I, and uses CACC through V2V.
- Partners include OEMs and expressway companies.
- Demonstrations conducted in 2012-2013
- Simulation suggests congestion reduction of up to 25% with 20% of vehicles participating
- Identified the causes of traffic congestions at sags on expressways, and proposed the concept of congestion mitigation services with V2I and V2V.
- Estimated congestion mitigation effects based on the results of field operational tests and simulations.
- Conducted showcase demonstrations at the 20th ITS World Congress Tokyo 2013.
- Fuji Heavy Industries
- NEXCO East/Central/West
- Metropolitan Expressway Company
Budget / Funding