|Robust and Reliable Environment Sensing and Situation Prediction for
Advanced Driver Assistance Systems and Automated Driving
|Europe||EC / ECSEL JU|
|From 2015-06-01 to 2018-06-01||Ongoing|
|[RobustSENSE official webpage]|
|Dr. Werner Ritter|
RobustSENSE develops a robust and reliable platform for automated driving. This platform addresses the problem that today’s driver assistance systems stop working in harsh environmental conditions like snow, rain or sun-flare.
RobustSENSE enables better system operation by combining several independent subsystems to an integrated and comprehensive solution.
The goal is to implement a robust, adaptable and reliable modular system that is able to react to environmental influences and perception degradations.
The project aims at enhancing the robustness of all sensing methods and algorithms required for advanced driver assistance systems and automated driving. The project will contribute to enhanced road safety with a more reliable, secure and trustable sensor platform.
- Reliable for safe operation under all driving conditions.
- Improving operability by self-diagnosis, adaptation and robustness
- Trustable on every level of assistance and automated driving systems.
- RobustSENSE will considerably extend knowledge in the field of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems performance by bringing in the experience of a strong consortium with a long lasting history in this area.
- The project also embraces the development of the electronic components and systems in the mobility sector, and presents a whole system approach to the problem of robustness and reliability. To achieve that, the project brings together experts from two worlds: digital data and transportation.
- The knowledge gained from the project will lead toa new generation of electronic components and sensors incorporating self-monitoring and improving reliability and robustness.
- Daimler AG
- AVL List GmbH
- AVL Deutschland GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Centro Ricerche Fiat Scpa
- Fundación para la Promoción de la innovación, investigación y desarrollo tecnológico en la industria de la automoción de Galicia
- European center for Information and Communication Technologies – EICT GmbH
- Fico Mirrors S.A.
- Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems
- FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik
- Modulight Oy
- Oplatek Group Oy
- Sick AG
- Universitaet ULM
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
Total cost: € 8.663.008 / EU Contribution: € 3.348.357,55
Funded under the call: ECSEL-2014-1
Topic: ECSEL-01-2014 - ECSEL Key Applications and Essential Technologies (RIA)