|Galileo for Interactive Driving|
|From 2011-01-02 to 2014-04-30||Concluded|
Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A.
Email: [ mailto:email@example.com ]
The aim of the GAIN project is to develop and finalize the Enhanced Active Green Driving (EAGD) system for real time optimization and reduction of CO2 emission and fuel consumption.
The final system will automatically regulate the vehicle speed according to the vehicle position, legal speed limitation and lane geometry. Within the GAIN project, a refined positioning algorithm which is based on EGNOS/EDAS data will be developed. Further, the concept of position integrity is introduced and used to innovatively detect multipath in urban areas. Furthermore, communication through Vehicle-to-Vehicle standards will be used to improve the Electronic Horizon to also contain dynamic information about other vehicles present on the road.
Expected results for the GAIN project:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions and fuel consumption;
- Development of the Enhanced Active Green Driving system and prepare for market introduction;
- To use EGNOS and EDAS corrections data for improved GNSS positioning accuracy;
- To extend the SBAS MOPS Horizontal Protection Level concept from aviation to road transport applications and give advice and guidelines.
- Centro Ricerche FIAT S.C.p.A.
- University of Technology in Chemnitz (Germany)
- Facit Research GmbH
- Istituto Superiore Mario Boella
- Magneti Marelli
Budget / Funding
Total Cost: € 3.591.000 / EU Contribution: € 2.018.000
Funded under the call: FP7 3rd call
Topic: Galileo.2011.1.2-1: Use of EGNOS and early GALILEO services for professional applications