|Driving Automated Vehicle Growth on National Roads|
|From YYYY to YYYY||Ongoing|
VRA, the network of automation
DRAGON is a CEDR project investigating the implications of vehicle automation for national Road Authorities
- Development of the approach for assessment applicable to all NRAs.
- Focus on demonstration and quantification for 3 case study NRAs.
- Significant stakeholder involvement through interviews and a workshop alongside time dedicated to working with the case study NRA teams
- Utilizing best in class project partners delivering significant research and demonstration programmes in automation (GATEWay, AdaptiVe, Dutch A270 trials PATH programme etc) travel patterns.
- Bringing in industry experts to guide the development and engagement, ensuring up to date and accurate information is used
- Significant effort dedicated to dissemination through electronic media and event attendance to help ensure value from the project is realized.
The main aims of the DRAGON consortium is to deliver a step change in the knowledge and understanding of the potential impact of Automation on European National Road Authority (NRA) networks and identify what the NRAs can do to realise and maximize those benefits.
- IKA-RWTH Aachen
- Steve Shladover
- TU Delft