|Designing Dynamic Distributed Cooperative Human-Machine Systems|
|From 2011-03-01 to 2014-02-28||Completed|
|D3CoS official website|
|Dr. Andreas Lüdtke (OFFIS)|
VRA, the network of automation
The objective of the D3CoS project was to develop methods, techniques and tools (MTTs) for system engineers and to embed them in industrial system development processes to support affordable Development of highly innovative cooperative human-machine systems. The business objectives of D3CoS where to reduce the cost of System Development (including requirements capture, specification, development and evaluation) by 15-20% and the needed Development cycles by 20-25% when applied to innovative and ambitious cooperative human-machine systems, and to foster Embedded Systems for human-machine cooperation systems that are reusable in different transportation domains (Aeronautics, Automotive, Maritime).
The project will produce key innovations on five complementary research dimensions that will solve major issues in human-machine cooperation:
- Definition of a generic cross-domain applicable framework for cooperative systems.
- Modelling and simulation of cooperative systems including human modelling and simulation.
- Reference designs and design patterns for intelligent multi-modal human-machine interfaces.
- Reference designs and design patterns for state inference and dynamic system adaptation.
- Operational architectures for communication and coordination within cooperative systems.
With in the methodology of the D3CoS project, the steps of
- D3CoS Composition,
- D3CoS Interaction and
- D3CoS Interfaces
have been defined to support developers designing and evaluating a D3CoS system architecture in a structured way. An evaluation process should run in parallel to assess system and human operator performance, system robustness and system efficiency and network and communication efficiency. The methodology is described in more details in the D3CoS deliverable 'D3-12 DCoS Development Methodology' Additional details on the project results are available at the following link: website=D3CoS results
- OFFIS Institute for Information Technology
- AEB Technologies
- BMT Group- British Maritime Technologies Group
- Centro Ricerche Fiat
- Czech Technical University in Prague
- Deutsches Zentrum für Luft-und Raumfahrt
- EADS Deutschland GmbH
- Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile
- Honeywell International
- FTI Technologies GmbH
- KONGSBERG – Kongsberg Norcontrol IT
- Lufthansa Flight Training
- Rheinmetall Defence Electronics GmbH
- SELEX GALILEO SPA
- ISAE Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace
- Truestream Aerospace Human Factors
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
- Visteon Innovation & Technology
- Visteon Software Technologies
Budget / Funding
- Project Cost: 14.5 M€
- Project Funding: 2.4 M€ (ARTEMIS JU)
- Project Funding: 5.2 M€ (National Authorities)
- Program Type: ARTEMIS
- Subprogram: ASP8 Human-Centered Design of Embedded Systems
- Contract number: 269336
- Coordinator: Dr. Andreas Lüdtke, OFFIS, Germany