|Cooperative dynamic forMation of Platoons for sAfe and
eNergy-optImized gOods transportationN
|Category:Europe||EC DG CONNECT|
|From 2013-10-01 to 2016-09-30||Completed|
Project objects are to develop and validate off-board and onboard systems for coordinated platooning, research potential legal solutions and standards to advance platooning adoption, and demonstrate of platooning operations on European roads.
- Development and validation of a default tolerant, scalable off-board decision making system to determine the optimal coordination of platoons, under current infrastructure state, in order to improve the energy effectiveness and safety of road transportations system.
- Development and validation of a fault tolerant, scalable on-board system for coordinated heavy-duty platooning
- Development and validation of multimodal, in-vehicle and coordination centre user interfaces to safely and effectively inform and interact with platooning drivers and transport planners.
- Identification of standardization and legislative gaps and the proposal of legal solutions and new technological standards to advance the large-scale adoption of platooning technologies.
- The demonstration of platooning operations on European roads in multiple countries.
The project focuses on developing and demonstrating co-operative mobility technologies for supervised vehicle platooning. The project will have a multi-dimensional impact on end-users acceptance, improved fuel efficiency, safety for goods transport as well as social and environmental benefits. Moreover the wide focus of the COMPANION project will generate a first class concept to guide policy makers and standardization bodies to update legislation and develop standardization of coordinated driving of heavy-duty vehicles (platooning).
Consortium includes S&t, OFFIS, Cerezuela, IDIADA, KTH, Volkswagen, Scania CV AB
Budget / Funding
Total cost: € 5.345.698 / EU Contribution: € 3.397.755
Funded under the call: FP7-ICT-2013-10
Topic: ICT-2013.6.5 - Co-operative Mobility