The ITFVHA 2015 was held in conjunction with the ITS World Congress in Bordeaux (04/10/2015). More than 50 persons participated to the meeting organised in different session on the following main topics:
– Session 1: “Government perspectives on Vehicle Automation”, focused on the Japanese MLIT Program Update, the Automated Driving Developments in Korea, the USDOT Vehicle Automation Strategic Plan and FHWA Automation Research and the Horizon 2020 Program funded by the European Commission
– Session 2: “Automated Passenger Cars”, focused on European funded projects (e.g. AdaptIVe, i-GAME) and national funded activities (e.g. DRIVE-ME and DRIVE SWEDEN)
– Session 3: “Automated Trucking”, focused on the on-going activities on automation in road transport (e.g. EC funded projects COMPANION, EU Truck Platooning Challenge)
– Session 4: “Automated Shared Mobility”, focused on EU funded CityMobil2 project, Florida DOT Deployment Updates
Several participants from the European Union, VRA partners, participated to the ITFVHA by giving the following presentations:
– “CityMobil2 Updates”, by Adriano Alessandrini (CTL), who presented the main research aspects addressed by the project and the demonstrators that have been deployed in several cities in Europe (Oristano, La Rochelle, Vantaa, and others).
– “AdaptIvE – project current status”, by Felix Fahrenkrog, who presented the challenges, objectives and concept of the project. In particular he focused on the status of the activities of the different Workpackages and the evaluation activities on-going in the project.
– “i-Game project”, by Alvaro Arrue (IDIADA), focusing on the aim of the project and on the different proposed scenario, such as merging on highway and mixed traffic intersection.
– “A short summary of the ITS Trilateral Cooperation”, by Maxime Flament (ERTICO – ITS Europe), who presented the activity of the several trilateral sub-WGs and the rule of VRA as facilitator for the international collaboration between European, USA and Japan.
For the presentations and the minutes of the ITFVHA please contact the organiser Richard Bishop (Richardbishop@mindspring.com)